>I am implementing the same way...
>Can anyone explain what scope "textarea" is having?????
>does it has the same scope we specify in the jsp:useBean tag?????

yes.

Use a jsp expression if you want to set something other than
a string.
If you want to see an example of 90% of constructs of spec 1.0
you may take a look at the testsuite for GNUJSP (in the
cvs snapshots of GNUJSP). It contains examples for
all kinds of parameters from primitive types to objects.

        <jsp:useBean id="textarea" class="com.sfbeans.DeluxeTextareaBean"
        scope="request">
                <jsp:setProperty name="textarea" property="request"
        value="<%= request %>"/>
        </jsp:useBean>

>thanks,
>suvil

Ciao,
        Carsten Heyl

  Carsten Heyl                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  NADS - Solutions on Nets              http://www.nads.de/
  NADS GmbH                             http://www.pixelboxx.de/
  Hildebrandtstr. 4E                    Tel.: +49 211 933 02-90
D-40215 Duesseldorf                     Fax.: +49 211 933 02-93