>the orionserver site has some impressive (almost unbelievable) benchmark
>comparisons(http://www.orionserver.com/benchmarks/benchmark.html) against
>ServletExec

Haven't seen them, but it wouldn't take much to beat current JSP
implementations.

>I suspect that they're achieving such a large benchmark margin by optimizing
>out unnecessary jsp varable setup

Naw. I don't think you'll find JSP variable setup is a major factor in app
performance.

I'm more inclined to suspect a better implementation. :)

They provide source code for skeptics, and invite people to submit benchmarks.
If I were comparing platforms, I'd sure do that.

They also claim to kick ASP's butt. I like it! Thank you for pointing this out.

Bob Foster
Symantec Internet Tools  http://www.visualcafe.com/