Hi,
    If your "main beans directory" is
    c:\somedir\your_co\beans
and you have beans without packages living in this directory then
your CLASSPATH variable for the servlet/JSP engin must have c:\somedir\beans in
it.

but if I were you I'd add the line:
    package your_co.beans;
to the top of all your beans and just have c:\somedir in your CLASSPATH

The reason, ....
a) it's tidyier
b) if you ever need to deploy your beans you can just JAR them up and use the new
.jar file in your CLASSPATH's
c) It's a matter of scope, A Non-public class in a package is not accessible to
classes in another package but is accessible to classes in the same package, etc.

Karl