John is right.

When you say "docs", do you mean the JSP 1.1 spec?  If so, there is such
an example in the JSP 1.1 spec (Appendix A, Examples, page 135).  If
not, where were you looking? in the javadocs?  Any suggestions on how to
improve documentation?

Also, see the Tag Libraries slides we just posted yesterday.  And "soon"
we will add source examples, via jakarta-taglibs.

Hope this helps,
        - eduard/o