That's true, but wouldn't that only speed things up if the same contents
are requested again?  It was my understanding that if the .asp page is
requested again but with different parameters, it must be re-interpreted
again to adjust its output.   Here's a quote from the article "Java Server
Pages for the ASP Developer" on the ASP Today site:

"Although JSP appears to wield the processing time advantage over ASP code
that is re-interpreted at every request, the two technologies work out as
having a very similar mean processing time because of the hold up created
by the JVM's interpretation of the byte codes"

Does the 'caching' mean that the ASP file is stored in memory but is still
being re-interpreted each time?

Bill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Jason Boehle
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ET>                      cc:
                    Sent by: A               Subject:     Re: ASP vs JSP
                    mailing list
                    about Java Server
                    Pages
                    specification and
                    reference
                    <JSP-INTEREST@jav
                    a.sun.com>

                    02/12/2000 08:19
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    Jason Boehle

> ASP scripts get interpretted everytime a user requests the .asp page.

Ummm, do you really think the people developing the ASP engine at MS are
quite that dumb?  A compiled ASP page is cached in memory, and I'm sure
THAT is why speed is comparable to JSP.

Jason Boehle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]