Hi,

I would say use option (a) all the time. By using sendRedirect you make a
roundtrip to the browser and back to the server, which is more than 2x
slower. On a performance needed site, you can get a nice boost by just
forwarding (option a) to the resource on the server while your still there.
Sure, the web url line doesn't reflect the right page being displayed..but
who cares, the user should never care about the URL line after they get to
your site anyways. I wish we could hide things like that! :)

My setUrl() method has been abolished. Daniel pointed out that it was a
thread-unsafe problem by doing that, and thus I now return a string from
each action class to indicate the page to forward to.