Hello,

I'd like to ask a question about using packaged tag libraries at development
and deployment time. Section 5.2.1 of the JSP specification says that "JSP
page authoring tools are required to accept a tag library that is packaged
as a jar file." This half implies that servers are not required to support
this. How should a packaged tag library be deployed in a web application
.war file ? I understand the deployer should put the taglib .jar file into
the WEB-INF/lib directory, because it needs to be in the classpath. But
should (s)he also explicitly copy the META-INF/taglib.tld from the tag
library .jar file to the web application structure, and optionally include
an entry for this taglib in the web.xml file ? I saw that currently Tomcat
accepts packaged tag libraries directly (in your taglib-location just
reference the whole library instead of just the .tld file), but this does
not seem to be mandated by the spec. So what is the correct
server-independent way of using tag libraries ?

Thanks
Petr