Hi,

    I have exactly the same application :
- A  UserInfo beans with session scope, where i also have static objects to share some
info between all users and I have a logOff  button which call session.invalidate(). I
also use the HttpSessionBindingListener interface to know when the session is closed
and do some cleanup. And it works well !
 I use resin 1.1 under window NT ! I don't know what is different with your config ...
    Concerning the3) there isn't any real solution (I think !), the only possibility
is to set the session Invalidate time out to an appropriated value and to catch the
invalidate ( with the valueUnbound method) in order to do the needed cleanup !

 and for the 2) I suppose this is related to your other problems : If your previous
user has logged off ... It's du to the problem 1 which Should work ( To be sure
invalidate() is called, try to add the HttpSessionBindingListener interface and see
oif it's called ). If your user didn't logOff  before, you can reconfigure your bean
with the new information.

Hope this help
Regards
Veronique