Hi Leon,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leon Daanen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I am using the Tomcat server. If the tomcat server is started 64 Mb of
> memory is allocated (which seems to be default). I use an upload jsp file
> through which I will be able to upload big files (perhaps 100Mb or more).
> changed the tomcat.bat file by adding the java -Xmx100m piece (which
should
> allocate 100Mb of memory for the jvm). But this is not working. I am
getting
> an OutOfMemory error when I am uploading a file which is bigger than 50
Mb.

I believe that the JVM *is* working as expected.  The problem is working
with a single object that's larger than 50% of the free space in the heap.
This will make some garbage collectors very unhappy, when they need to
move stuff around.  You may succeed using a different JVM or even bigger
-mx, but you should really change your code -- loading a 50-megger to
memory in a single chunk is insane (for a single upload, anyway).