> I have been working with the VisualAge products for a short time and
>  have found success rather quickly with the VisualAge products.
Although
>  I am an IBM employee, I am new to Java and Server Side development. I
have

VAJ is a very slick IDE in general, but I don't think it is all that
well suited to JSPs, because the IBM source code management built in
(the repository), does not keep track of (version) your JSPs.  So you
end up maintaining those seperately.  Ugh.

>  has many features which bring about enterprise solutions quickly.
The JSP Test Monito

I found this to be a big disappointment.  Rather than a JSP Execution
Monitor, how about a JSP Debugger?

Actually, I prefer to keep my JSPs to a bare minimum of Java content, so
monitoring/debugging them is rarely needed anyway.

>  testing and debugging apps.  WebSphere Studio contains one of the
better
> HTML/JSP
>  editors

Do you think it compares favorably with the more dominant HTML tools
(DreamWeaver, for example) for HTML editing?

>  (entry and/or professional releases).  The VADD (VisualAge Developers
> Domain)
>  at IBM also has product support and forums which you can address
> problems/questions

Alas, using the Search feature there with multiple search words usually
results in an internal error 500 on their web server... and finding the
content you want can be challenging without Search.

[  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |    http://DiskWise.com : free   ]
[ BDE Alternatives Guide | internet-based file storage and ]
[  www.kylecordes.com    |  sharing, with version history  ]