We have been having this sort of problem with JRun as well. Bet if you look
in the error log you'll see a load of JSP compile exceptions...

Here's my experience of JRun so far:

2.3   won't parse Javascript properly
2.3.3 sometimes won't even parse straight html properly
3.0   seems to work with what we have more or less, but there are bugs in
the config stuff and it is necessary to edit the config by hand (I did not
actually install it so this is second hand)

You can download an eval of 3.0 from Allaires site, if you can get to it,
but (personal recommendation) you may want to evaluate some other JSP
engines.

Regards, Paul