Hi Try This Script

Use it For U'r data types
Make necessary changes where u want.

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>RYGStatus</TITLE>

<Script language="JavaScript">

  function assignID() {

      var id =document.frmStatus.lstPrograms.selectedIndex;
      var prog_ID =document.frmStatus.lstPrograms.options[id].value;
      document.frmStatus.method="post";
      document.frmStatus.action='new.jsp?progID=' +prog_ID;
      document.frmStatus.submit();
  }
</script>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
<FORM name="frmStatus" TARGET="Content">

<%! String v_progId; %>
<% v_progId = request.getParameter("progID");%>
<% out.println(v_progId);%>
<!-- CALLING THE FUNCTION assignID() on onCHANGE event-->

<Select name="lstPrograms" onChange="assignID();">
<option value=1>one
<option value=2>Two
<option value=3>Three
</option>

</select>
</form>

nilesh

Geeta Kottapalli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 06/13/2000 02:46:17 AM

Please respond to A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and
      reference <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>