Hi ,
    U can keep track of ur session by making use of  session context , session id
and ur authentication details , From ur problem statement what i understood is that
u r trying to invoke the compose box servlet directly , One way u can control the
session is by passing some value ( this is the simplest way ....) may be session id
in request object , in compose box try to read the value of parameter if it is null
Or in invalid format send error Or go to login page .
  Other mech. is using resource bundle, and  by  persisting data on server side
Hope this may help u .

Regds,
Prakash M A S