Hi Ramesh,

>From my experience with Tomcat, it seems like you have to put it in at least
one level of package(i.e. package SomePackage) or else it won't work.  But
of course there may be a way to get around that.

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ramesh Dasari
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 12:33
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

    In a jsp if I want to use a bean or a class, is it necessary that the
bean or class should be in a package(ie while writing the bean or class is
package xxxx; should be the first statement).
For ex:

package Demo1;
public class XXX ... { }

I compiled the above program with javac -d . XXXX.java  Then I got a class
file in Demo1 package which is under the Demo directory. Demo directory is
in the classpath. Then I am able to access the class or bean using
Demo1.XXXX x =  new Demo1.XXXX();

But the problem is when I compiled the above program with javac XXX.java  I
got a class file Demo directory. Demo directory is in the classpath. When I
am accessing the class or bean using XXXX x =  new XXXX();
Then I am getting the error saying that the class or bean XXXX not found.
Can anybody help me out?