Antonio Lagnada wrote:

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> From my experience with Tomcat, it seems like you have to put it in at least
> one level of package(i.e. package SomePackage) or else it won't work.  But
> of course there may be a way to get around that.

There is actually a pretty good reason for that requirement.  It has with the way
that Java compilers interpret an unqualified class name when there is no import
clause -- that class is assumed to be in the same package as the class being
compiled (in this case, the class that was generated for your JSP page).  If you
want your bean reference to work portably, you will want to make sure it is fully
qualified (i.e. in a package) so that it works no matter what package name the JSP
compiler users.

Craig McClanahan