I think that you will switch to anything if you will not be
able to afford your current life style.

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rick Jesse
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2000 10:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ASP vs JSP

One last thing on this... I've looked at ASP+ and COM+ in detail, and get
ready for a laugh if any of you do look into either.  COM+ is a Java copy:
C# and VB are compiled into byte codes which run in the COM+ VM. COM+ even
has the same core class library layout the JDK has. (WFC which is the MS
equivalent of Swing, which was released with J++ a couple years ago, now
runs under COM+.) ASP+ is a JSP/Servlet copy: the architecture its based on
a *compiled* COM+ object that is bound to an HTML template -- can you say
Model 2 architecture? Anyway, who cares about this stuff -- even if they
release the source code why would anyone switch to using a proprietary copy
of Java?

-Rick