I think if you were more specific about your exact problem you might
get a little more assistance.  At any rate, below are a couple of code
snipets.  I use a servlet to perform the query and pass the result set
to a JSP.  I think the following will at least give you a very good
start.

In the servlet . . . .

     rs = stmt.executeQuery( sql );
     while (rs.next( ) ){

     Vector vector = new Vector();
     vector.add(new Integer(rs.getInt("var1")));
     vector.add(new Integer(rs.getInt("var2")));
     vector.add(rs.getString("var3"));
     vector.add(rs.getString("var1"));
     hashtable.put(rs.getString("var1"),vector);

     session.setAttribute("Name the hashtable", hashtable);

then in the JSP . . . .
<%
     Enumeration enum=null;
     Hashtable ht = new Hashtable();
     Vector vec = new Vector();

     try{
         ht =(Hashtable) session.getAttribute("Hashtable
Name");
         enum = ht.keys();
         int i=0;
         }catch(Exception e){System.out.println(e.toString());}
%>
<%
           while(enum.hasMoreElements()){
               vec = (Vector) ht.get(enum.nextElement());
%>
<%
     }
%>