Hello everyone,
     Thanks a lot for your interest in this discussion.
     I especially thank people for giving me references to web reviews of
products and web links.
     It was really helpful but I think still we are not to the point we would
like to be.
     Among us some are working on Oracle side, Cold Fusion side and some people
working on IBM tools. But what we all want (I Think) is one
tool for JSP no matter what other tools we use for developing other business
layer components. It should provide support for the standard JSP features
and for intergration of J2EE framework related components. The three possible
J2EE schenarios coud be
     JSP to EIS
     JSP to EJB (Business Layer)
     JSP to HTTP Servlets (HTTP Servlets as controllers)

     So I would really like to know of such tool that can make my life easy for
adding web content (HTML content) on the JSP page Visually. Secondly It
could provide me with support to code calling my business layer or post forms to
HTTP Servlets. Also provide database support.
     So isn't any such one tool available in the market. I would really like to
have an evaluation version for evaluating the product.
     Answering Rajan's question precisely the following features could be really
helpful.

1. Debugger which helps you in identifying errors at the time of development.
2. Version control & Team development.
3. Design Web Layer if possible
4. Good JSP/HTML WYSWUG may be Visual Editing Support but little java coding is
always required in JSP pages
5. Light Web Test Server Environment for unit testing
6. Multiple colors to identify different tags at source-level.
7. Compatibility with differnt web/ app servers especially loose coupled
integration (so that it is not dedicated
     for any specific Development environment).
8. Formatting of source code
9. Intelli Sense Suuport while editing JSP code (the . or ctrl+space bar like
support while editing)

     I hope sharing our knowledge will help us all at getting on to one product
that can help us all a lot.
Best Regards,
Khurram

Raj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 11/10/2000 04:11:17 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]