Hi

You can get an instance of output stream by coding

response.getOutputStream();

Regards

Girish

specification and reference <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>Hi, All
>
>I am trying to output an image to the browser directly using OutputStream.
This worked fine in a servlet with an ServletOutputStream.

>However, when  I tried  to do the same thing in JSP, I cann't find a way to
get the OutputStream. The default (predefined) out is a PrintWriter , which
can only handle ASCII , and out can not be redefined as ServletOutputStream,
because the PrintWriter has already read the "response" , it's a mess.

>So, is there a solution?
>
>Thanks

>For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST
DIGEST".