Hi;

I have a JSP that looks like it isn't sending any data to the browser
until all of the data is collected.

I have my code set up to output pieces of the data as I retrieve it.

I have set the buffer attribute in the page directive to "none".  This
had
no effect and it caused "cannot flush buffer that has already been
flushed" errors.

I have also used "out.flush()".....no effect.

I have also used "out.getRemaining()" to measure the buffer before and
after each "out.println()" call.  The numbers do look like content is
being flushed from the buffer......but still data is not going back
piecemeal to the browser the way I want it.

I have tried this JSP in iPlanet on NT4 and Tomcat 3.2 on a Solaris
box.

The code in question involves making 3-5 database calls while scrolling
through a ResultSet from another database call.  As each of these 3-5
calls comes back they are wrapped up in html strings and "sent to to
the
browser" via out.println().

I tried tucking this loop in a thread, but I couldn't get it to work.

Any ideas on what is going on?   Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Steve's Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/