At 09:28 AM 2000/12/19 +0100, you wrote:
>         Can anybody tell me (in a nutshell), the beneficts of use a Bean
>Class where I can create a 'Normal' Class.
>
>         Am I not able to do the same with two tools ?
>

>         Thank you
>
>Angel Belda
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>JSP-INTEREST".
>For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".
>Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:

Hi,

In a nutshell, there are two benefits to using beans as opposed to classes
that don't have the required bean method signatures.  They are:

1.) Beans can be manipulated and connected with visual builder programs, so
that you can, potentially build things a lot quicker using existing beans
and just wiring them up in your IDE.

2.) JSP provides special tags/ methods to :

         . read the properties of beans (jsp:GetProperty)
         . set the properties of  beans (jsp:SetProperty)
         . instantiate beans into a given scope (page, request, session or
application) (jsp:UseBean)
         . automatically pass beans from one page to another, within a
given scope, using jsp:UseBean and the bean id.
         . automatically set the properties of a bean by setting the
properties of a given bean to the values of the parameters sent to a JSP page.

Its quite possible to use standard classes and forgo the convenience of
these built in mechanisms, if you like though.  There's nothing stopping
you from build JSP applications without any beans.  It may be more
difficult for other to maintain or extend your code though.