I apologize if this is too basic a question for this list. If so you feel free to
flame me.

First off, if the design issues are bad here to start with please tell me.
Anyway say I have a connection pool ( ConnectionManater.java ). Then I also have
several different classes that have methods that do DB stuff and they get their
connections from this pool. Now I have JSPs for the front end that call these methods.

The question I have is there a "best" way to load up the ConnectionManager for the
application? I was just going to use a <jsp:useBean ..> tag on every jsp page with the
ConnectionManager having application. Is there a better way to do it so that all of
the methods called from the classes have access to the connection pool?  Since before
any user can use the application they will have to go to a login page I was thinking
maybe there is something I can do just once on the login page that will set up the
ConnectionManager and I then wouldn't need to have to include the useBean tag on the
top of every other page. Maybe I'm doing it the best way, but I'd like some
suggestions if there are other ways.
Thanks so much,
Rick