Using JSP, you can set the response type to produce text/xml and it will
spit XML output of your JSP. This allows you to return dynamic XML. Also, if
your using XSL, you can use XML tags in the JSP, then request the JSP page
to spit out a full XML stream dynamically, so that you can then apply XSL to
it. Ofcourse, you could just as easily use a XSL taglib to do portions of
the JSP as XML/XSL translation.