From: Joseph Ottinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 9:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC: Terrorist attacks

>From: Jain Sharad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC: Terrorist attacks
>Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:42:15 +0530
>
>Dear

I'm not your "dear."

>Why should we pass this message to others. When people died in Kashmir do u
>feel regret. It is the slap on the american and the intelligence failure.
>But I must not go beyond this.......

Actually.. yes, when people die in Kashmir, I *do* feel regret. I, like many
other Americans, spend my resources trying to help the Red Cross and other
worldwide charitable organizations in order to help the needy. What's more,
a "slap on the american and the intelligence failure" -- which is really
difficult to parse, I should add - is difficult to defend for ANY civilized
person. War on the civilian population is a casus belli. If you ask me, I
think it's time to show solidarity - if you're not for us in this, you're
against us.

In my opinion, it's time for the US to live up to what these people accuse
us of.