HI,

Our product allows clients to upload various file
types(pdf,ppt,doc,html,flash,exe etc) and then provides hyperlinks of those
files in their home page. Upload works fine and even the display of the
files on clicking the hyperlink works ok. The problem arises when the
file(non-html) has a link to another file (for e.g.: a PowerPoint has a link
to a .doc file) - then on clicking the link in the ppt I get a page cannot
be displayed error. It is looking for the second file in the temp directory
of the internet browser. This does not happen in the case of HTMLs.

My server config - WindowsNT,Apache,ApacheJserv ,servlets
and IE 5.0 on client.
We plan to implement the same product in JSPs soon.

ANY help is appreciated.

Thank you
Valli