On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Eric Fleming wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion, I am trying to convert a word document to a JSP
> page and also convert a PDF to a JSP page.

Is the intention that the end content be a dynamic word document generated
with JSP, or that the end content be a dynamic html page?

It should be easy to do "Save As..." HTML from Microsoft Word, and mark it
up in JSP.

If the end content is meant to be a Microsoft Word Document, I suggest you
use RTF and JSP together.

Like so:

        <%@page contentType="application/msword">
        {\\rtf\\ansi\\deff0{\\fonttbl\\f0\\fmodern Courier New\\fprq1}

\\psz1\\landscape\\paperw15840\\paperh12240\\margl720\\margr720\\margt720\\margb720\\fs16

        Hello,\para
        Your name is: <%= mybean.getName() %>\para
        Goodbye\para

        \page

        }

This is clearly incomplete.

RTF is a simple language.  The RTF Specification is available at:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/Word2002/Install/1.7/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/W2KRTFSF.exe

PDF is another matter, and I be happy to offer some advice if I knew more
clearly what your aim was.

                                                Michael Akerman