Hello JOSHY!

IMO Option 1 is better, but you would be better of with
some collection class from Java2, people who answered
similar questions before suggested ArrayList, if I'm not
mistaken. It is better then vector because it is slightly
faster - its methods are not synchronized, while
Vector is.

I strongly suggest against using XML/XSL for performance
reasons.

Yan Zhu mentioned webmacro. If we were using webmacro
then we would use just something like an ArrayList.
The way that you have chosen to go - Model 2 - ArrayList/Vector
you have a separtion of data and logic no worth then
with webmacro.

JMMC> Hi all
JMMC> I want to make a list page(JSP), that shows a list of employees . Employee
JMMC> ID, name, other info etc.

JMMC> - for that I have a servlet ( I use Model -2 ) that can either

JMMC>         1. get a Vector of Employee detail objects from the database. OR
JMMC>         2. Get an HTML string (for Listing), getting data from
JMMC> database.(means gets the employee       data, iteerate it and make HTML for
JMMC> displaying)

JMMC> After getting either of these, I want to pass it to the List.jsp for
JMMC> displaying.
JMMC> Can you suggest which is the suitble method.

JMMC> I prefer the option 1 because, when the layout in the list page changes some
JMMC> day, one can easily modify it.

JMMC> Can anybody help.
JMMC> Thanks in advance
JMMC> Joshy

JMMC> ===========================================================================
JMMC> To unsubscribe: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "signoff JSP-INTEREST".
JMMC> For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".
JMMC> Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:

JMMC>  http://archives.java.sun.com/jsp-interest.html
JMMC>  http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/faq.html
JMMC>  http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.jsp
JMMC>  http://www.jguru.com/faq/index.jsp
JMMC>  http://www.jspinsider.com

JMMC> Все еще платишь за каждый свой сайт? Оставь это в прошлом - http://www.newhost.ru

--
Best regards,
 Anthony                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]