Hello JOSHY!

JMMC> Thanks for your answer.
JMMC> Getting an HTML string - my option 2., has any advantages, anyway ?

Oh.. actually can not think of any.. I beleive it is generally better
to separate design (what <tr><td>,etc you've got around your data)
and the logic (where you get these data from)..

JMMC> -----Original Message-----
JMMC> From: Anthony Tagunov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
JMMC> Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 3:02 PM
JMMC> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JMMC> Subject: Re: Please reply soon

JMMC> Hello JOSHY!

JMMC> IMO Option 1 is better, but you would be better of with
JMMC> some collection class from Java2, people who answered
JMMC> similar questions before suggested ArrayList, if I'm not
JMMC> mistaken. It is better then vector because it is slightly
JMMC> faster - its methods are not synchronized, while
JMMC> Vector is.

JMMC> I strongly suggest against using XML/XSL for performance
JMMC> reasons.

JMMC> Yan Zhu mentioned webmacro. If we were using webmacro
JMMC> then we would use just something like an ArrayList.
JMMC> The way that you have chosen to go - Model 2 - ArrayList/Vector
JMMC> you have a separtion of data and logic no worth then
JMMC> with webmacro.

JMMC>> Hi all
JMMC>> I want to make a list page(JSP), that shows a list of employees .
JMMC> Employee
JMMC>> ID, name, other info etc.

JMMC>> - for that I have a servlet ( I use Model -2 ) that can either

JMMC>>         1. get a Vector of Employee detail objects from the database.
JMMC> OR
JMMC>>         2. Get an HTML string (for Listing), getting data from
JMMC>> database.(means gets the employee       data, iteerate it and make
JMMC> HTML for
JMMC>> displaying)

JMMC>> After getting either of these, I want to pass it to the List.jsp for
JMMC>> displaying.
JMMC>> Can you suggest which is the suitble method.

JMMC>> I prefer the option 1 because, when the layout in the list page
JMMC> changes some
JMMC>> day, one can easily modify it.

JMMC>> Can anybody help.
JMMC>> Thanks in advance
JMMC>> Joshy

JMMC>>
JMMC> ===========================================================================
JMMC>> To unsubscribe: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "signoff
JMMC> JSP-INTEREST".
JMMC>> For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST
JMMC> DIGEST".
JMMC>> Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:

JMMC>>  http://archives.java.sun.com/jsp-interest.html
JMMC>>  http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/faq.html
JMMC>>  http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.jsp
JMMC>>  http://www.jguru.com/faq/index.jsp
JMMC>>  http://www.jspinsider.com

JMMC>> __________
JMMC>> Все еще платишь за каждый свой сайт? Оставь это в прошлом -
JMMC> http://www.newhost.ru

JMMC> --
JMMC> Best regards,
JMMC>  Anthony                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

JMMC> ===========================================================================
JMMC> To unsubscribe: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "signoff
JMMC> JSP-INTEREST".
JMMC> For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST
JMMC> DIGEST".
JMMC> Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:

JMMC>  http://archives.java.sun.com/jsp-interest.html
JMMC>  http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/faq.html
JMMC>  http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.jsp
JMMC>  http://www.jguru.com/faq/index.jsp
JMMC>  http://www.jspinsider.com

JMMC> To unsubscribe: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "signoff JSP-INTEREST".
JMMC> For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".

JMMC> Все еще платишь за каждый свой сайт? Оставь это в прошлом - http://www.newhost.ru

--
Best regards,
 Anthony                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]