Hi thanks for reply,

I fear, my mail server is adding the backslashes. I actually have not added these in
my code. I tried with your suggestions and still it is not working. I have put my jar
file in this path,
E:\\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\\webapps\\skillset\\WEB-INF\\lib

is it okay? Is this is the correct place to keep that jar?
After this i used the tag as,
<%@ taglib uri=\"/WEB-INF/lib/uptag.jar\" prefix=\"up\" %>

Is any thing else is to be done? Like putting tld file some where. Right now it is at
one place (WEB-INF/tlds)..
I am really not understanding what is happening here. This tag I am using for
uploading a file from client.  Alternatively, can you please suggest me some servlets
for uploading a file? JSP Smart upload is distorting the tables of a word file.
Thanks a million,
Smita Kotnis.