Hi Celeste!
Now we are developing a kind of Shopping Cart and everything works fine! and we
didn't need any vendor's services
We based all of our Java Source Code (JSP/Servlets) in the examples attached in the
book titled:"Using Java Server Pages and Servlets" Special Edition by Mark Wutka
(Chapter 8)
But right now you could download the examples's source code from
http://www.wutka.com

Hope this helps you!
Regards,
Nancy.