To those in the user community that are working on JSP/servlet web sites, if
you have a need for a "shopping cart" for your site, how are you handling
that?  Are you purchasing off the shelf software, "renting" a shopping cart
on another vendor's servers, purchasing a "store front" package that
includes a shopping cart, or writing your own?

I've spent two days researching the web to see if I could find a simple
third party shopping cart software package that would run on a Windows 2000
server, and could be integrated with my JSP/Servlets/Java bean classes and
my SQLServer database.  I've had no luck in finding anything other than a JS
shopping cart, and an applet shopping cart, neither of which I want to use.
Is everyone out there writing their own custom shopping cart classes?  And
if so, how are you incorporating the plug in's that are available from
credit card validation vendors such as VeriSign?

My only other option is to purchase a "store front" package, and that really
encompasses more functionality than we need, and the costs are much greater.
If anyone has had to address this issue for their company, I would
appreciate any advice/feedback you can offer.

Celeste