I have just begun learning jsp, and everything is still quite confusing. I
am still in the process of learning my environment set-up, what should go in
which directory and so on, so please bear with me. I'm running Tomcat
locally and am trying to run a jsp page that uses a bean that is compiled
from a .java file. The files are MiscSystemProperties.jsp and
MiscSystemProperties.class When I access the file MiscSystemProperties.jsp
file from a browser, I get the following:

exception 'org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
com.instantjsp.Chapter2.MiscSystemProperties'
and
root cause 'java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.instantjsp.Chapter2.MiscSystemProperties'

I suspect that this has something to do with my classpath variable and the
placement of my .class file in the wrong directory.
Any suggestions?