On 5/10/02 11:30 PM, "[Vaishali S. Pandya]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all
> i wrote a function using
> <%!
> fun(){
> System.out.println("Hello");
> }
> %>
> <%
>    fun();
> %>
> and call it from the main code every thing  is working well but "Hello" is not
> printed why?  no compile error is given

I haven't done too much JSP/Servlet programming in a while, but I am pretty
sure that you need to direct your output to the correct print stream.
Printing it out to system.out won't print it to regular "web" output.  I'm
guessing that you would need to print it out via the response object.
Hopefully my answer is helpful -- like I said, it's been a while.

Regards,
Andy