On 4/16/02 3:14 PM, "Richard Yee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> SC,
> Look at the web.xml file in your Apache Tomcat 4.0 conf directory.
> The 'listings' init-param of the default servlet entry controls whether
> directory listing is allowed. The welcome-file-list parameter entry
> controls what files are used as welcome files.
>
>  <welcome-file-list>
>    <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
>    <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
>    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
>  </welcome-file-list>
>
> There's also documentation in the web.xml file itself.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard
>
> At 03:05 PM 4/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> does anyone know how I can prevent tomcat from listing the contents of the
>> directories? Is it an attribute of the <context> tag in the server.xml?
>> also, how do I tell it which is the welcome page of every directory (I mean
>> index.jsp or whatever)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> SC

>> JSP-INTEREST".
>> For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST
>> DIGEST".
>> Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:
>>
>> http://archives.java.sun.com/jsp-interest.html
I am using two taglibs to handle sending an email attachment.

One taglib handles uploading the file to the server.  The other handles
sending out the file as email attachment.

So I need first upload the file from local disk to the server.  My problem
is that with new clustered server configuration in our company, it is
impossible for a user to upload local file to the  server.

Is there a way I could bypass the uploading part? Basically,  send out the
attachment file directly without the need to upload the file to the server
first?

Please help.

RD