Not to be an ass, but what if you write and applet but they disable java?
Does your company have any type of browser rules? There's only so much
hand holding that you can should be expected to do.

"If you make it idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do. What happens after the
data is sent to the server? Do you need to send data to the server without
reloading the page?

One way to send the data to the server would be to store the javascript
array in a hidden form field and submit the form to the server. If the
form is in an inline or hidden frame, you can do all of this without
reloading the page the user sees.

Am I on the right track?

Walt