>From: Dror Matalon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Good jsp/java design with good response.

> > I'm biased, but I'm currently digging into WebWork
> > (http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork) and finding it VERY useful. The

> > http://enigmastation.com/~joeo/webwork.html if you like.) WebWork can
>even
> > work with the JSTL, if you prefer, and hopefully will integrate less
>visibly
> > with the JSTL soon. (Right now, you have to access the valuestack
>explicitly
> > if you're using EL, which is ugly -- EL doesn't allow pluggable
>evaluators
> > any more, according to the page on Jakarta about it. The WW team is
> > investigating ways to hide the valuestack access from the end users.)
>
>Is this the EL under JSP 1.2 or the proposed EL under JSP 2.0?

As I understand it, the "two ELs" are the same. Could be wrong. :)

>Also, it'd be great if you could post to the list after you dig into
>WebWork some more and compare it to using JSP/EL, or even Velocity.

Um... WebWork is a framework, not a presentation layer. You can use any
presentation layer you like, including JSP (including JSTL, if you're
willing to live with currently slightly ugly access syntax) and Velocity.

Check it out yourself: http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork is the URL.