    Hans> BeanInfo classes are used by the JavaBeans introspector so it should
    Hans> work. You may some ideas from the "PropertyEditors for custom string
    Hans> literal conversion" section in this article I wrote for ONJava.com:
    >>
    Hans> <http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/11/07/jsp12.html>
    >>
    Hans> It deals with using a BeanInfo class to associate PropertyEditors with
    Hans> a custom action attribute, but the basics are the same.
    >>
    >> I must have something wrong at a high level then.  I put a print statement at
    >> the top of my BeanInfo's "getPropertyDescriptors" method.  I never see it.
    >>
    >> My two classes have the following package path:
    >>
    >> org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELHtmlTag
    >> org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELHtmlTagBeanInfo
    >>
    >> I'm using Tomcat 4.1.10 on Win2k.
    >>
    >> I've verified both classes are in my WAR file.

    Hans> It _may_ be a TC 4.1.x bug; I tested the example in the article with
    Hans> TC 4.0.x way back when I wrote the article and have not tested it with
    Hans> the TC 4.1.x versions. You may want to test with 4.0.x as well to find
    Hans> out.

What looks like is happening is that if I redeploy an application, adding a
BeanInfo class, it seems to ignore the BeanInfo class.  If I then recycle the
server and deploy the application, it works fine.  After the BeanInfo class is
deployed for the first time, I can change the BeanInfo class and redeploy it,
and it sees the changes.  I have a bunch more of these to add, so I'll get
enough opportunity to test this theory.