Von: A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and reference
[mailto:JSP-INTEREST@;JAVA.SUN.COM] Im Auftrag von Monte Gardner
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. Oktober 2002 15:14
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: session nonpersistence

I have a series of JSP pages that begin with a standard userid/password
login.  The page that receives the login request (shop.jsp)  stores the
id in the session like this
session.setAttribute("id",id);
when I print out
session.getAttribute("id");
on the same page, it prints the id of the user.  However, once the user
goes to the next page where he views products, and I try to print out
the user id with
session.getAttribute("id") or
request.getSession().getAttribute("id")

It prints out null.  I have a previous project on the same server in
which I did about the same thing, and it seems to work fine so I can't
see what I'm doing different between the two.  What can cause the
session to forget stuff like this?

--Monte Glenn Gardner

JSP-INTEREST". For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set
JSP-INTEREST DIGEST". Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found
at: