From: Campano, Troy [mailto:Troy.Campano@;LIBERTYMUTUAL.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 11:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problems with JSTL on WebSphere

Hello,
I have this problem using JSTL with WebSphere.
I want to use the XML and CORE tags for a project I'm working on.

Other than the XML piece the project is regular JSP and Servlets. I've used
JSTL on WebSphere and all four of the major libraries work. When I add all
of the JSTL jar files that I got from the Jakarta site to my webapp in
/WEB-INF/lib and restart WebSphere it gives me the error below when I'm
using the Oracle JDBC driver and maybe connection pooling.

When I remove the JSTL jars and restart WebSphere, the error goes away.

Has anyone seen anything like this?
Do you know what I might do to fix it?
If I only want to use the XML and CORE tags, do you know what JARs I need?
I'm thinking maybe I can remove the ones I don't need and the problem will
go away.

thank you for your help, it's appreciated!

~ Troy Campano

Original Exception:
Error Message: com.ibm.ejs.cm.JDBC1PhaseRF
Error Code: 500
Target Servlet: null
Error Stack:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.ejs.cm.JDBC1PhaseRF
at
com.lmig.dbm.reqman.engine.utilities.CommonUtils.createConnection(CommonUtil
s.java:22)
at app.gui._ReqQueue_jsp_95._jspService(ReqQueue.jsp :13)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:142)
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:300)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:430)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:565)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
.java:827)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:167)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
t.java:297)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:110)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
2)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
ager.java:1012)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
er.java:913)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:523)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
Dispatcher.java:282)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
ispatcher.java:112)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:91)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
java:184)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:122)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:315)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
va:60)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:323)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:252)
at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:122)

JSP-INTEREST". For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set
JSP-INTEREST DIGEST". Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at: