Thanks Carklin... any idea where can I get the jstl tag library from?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Carklin [mailto:jc@;GAMBIT.CO.ZA]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 8:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: List box and database tables

I would use the jstl iterator tags as in something like:

<SELECT name="theListBox">
<c:forEach items="${aList.or.hashmap.from.the.database}" var="item">
  <OPTION value="<c:out value='${item.key}'/>">
  <c:out value='${item.value}'/>
</forEach>
</SELECT>

Likewise you can set the value of a text box using the c:out tag as in
<INPUT type="text" name="firstnameorwhatever"
  value="<c:out value='${objectEncapsulatingData.firstname}'/>" >

the objectEncapsulatingData is a javabean which gets the data from the
database and has a getFirstname method...

hope this helps...