This question crops up every so often.  My best answer is still to
treat the request as a batch request, i.e. program design.  Simply
initiate the request, and provide a link to fetch the data when it
becomes available. (email is always an option as well.)  Holding an http
connection for 10 miniues introduces problems, and any failures might
cause the user to post multiple queries, each one often needing to
complete before being aborted.

Frank Mancini wrote:

I have a jap page that takes about 10 minutes to run....that is ok...it
should take that long..

My problem is that I want to display some of the output while the user is
waiting.

I'm doing document.writes as I'm running the query and it should display,
but the browser seems to wait until the whole 10 minute process is done
before displaying anything....Is there anyway to change this and display
some of the query output while the system is looping thru my query?