On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:58:38PM +0800, randie ursal wrote:
> but as what i have read about HttpSession, the servlet engine is the
> one that would generate the session Id for each session object
> created. then this Id will be provided to the clients during
> response for the clients to use during its subsequent request to the
> servlets. is this wrong or my understanding is different?

     This is correct; the servlet engine generates a unique key and
sends it as the JSESSIONID cookie to the browser.  Browsers never
generate their own cookies.

     Sounds like you need to get HTTPClient or HttpUnit, both are
packages designed to let you more effectively simulate a browser doing
a series of actions, including keeping track of the cookies across the
sequence of GETs. I've worked with both a bit; HTTPClient is well
respected and well known in the field. I think it's been around for
four or more years.  HttpUnit is fairly recent, it lives at
SourceForge but I came across it from a page that recommended it at
the jakarta project site (the Cactus subproject).

Steven J. Owens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Take it all with a grain of salt." - Me at http://darksleep.com