Not true, there are plenty of advantages either way.  Since PHP and JSP are widely
used and probably the 2 best options for scripting, I think it'd only be
intelligent for us all to be well aware of them.

1) Availability.  JSP server support is lacking at best.  In the past 4 years, I've
only come across 1 outside server that supported JSP and it was horribly difficult
to convice our server people to put it on.  The fact is, Tomcat is a royal pain and
any other servlet engine is expensive (for small business or education standards).
PHP's interpreter, however, could be installed and administrated by a juvinile
monkey. Hence, more servers will support PHP

2) Loopholes are less likely in JSP. PHP leaves room for slopier code and I'm not
impressed all that much with how tight the language itself is, even if used
carefully.  I shy away from it and move towards JSP whenever there is some
important imformation being exchanged.

3) JSP is VERY reusable... PHP you really need to cut and paste.

4) PHP is easy to throw together fast, which is sometimes neccessary in the
workplace.

OK, there's the major ones I think.  There are a lot mroe, but that'll give you the
idea. Personally, I use both and encourage anyoen else to who has that luxury.

-Daniel Lynn