On 15 Mar 2003 at 0:00, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> From:    Snehal Pandya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: confused
>
> I am  working with a small application.
> I have 3 files.
> first is
> connection.java for JDBC Connection
> custSql.java for sql statements
>
> this the error message
>
> Error: 500
> Location: /wip/CustMaster.jsp
> Internal Servlet Error:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been
> committed at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.HttpServletResponseFacade.sendError(HttpServ
> letResp onseFacade.java:157)

I don't know what went wrong here, but here's a hint.  I have seen
this error when I attempted to forward to another page after already
writing output, for example, by calling out.write().  In my case, the
error meant that I was, in effect, attempting to cancel output to the
client that had already been committed.

Hope that helps.
--
Alan Meyer