On Friday 10 December 2004 13:56, Thomas Tsang wrote:

Make sure you've put the *,jar files in a directory where
the classloader can find them. If unsure, put them in
your application's /WEB-INF/lib directory, not one of
the Tomcat server's directories. Then, I'm not sure
about the Session thing. AFAIK there's a Session in
Java Mail as well, not to be mixed up with the usual
HttpSession, and I guess the former one may be the
culprit here. If this is fixed, look at the the settings
you provide the (mail) Session with. Though I'm
no JavaMail expert, IIRC the whole thing works
by setting several System properties, but before
going into the details, the whole thing you're
experiencing looks more like a simple classloader
problem to me: the classes contained in the *.jar
files are just not found.

HTH,
-- Chris (SCPJ2)