Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone here has played with Hilbert RTrees ?

After a recent exchange on the Geotools users' list I became
interested in the topic and have been reading some recent papers on
efficient calculation of Hilbert indices and handling non-square
areas.  As a learning exercise (and avoidance behaviour from other
work that I should be doing) I'm writing some code to implement such a
Hilbert tree.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has compared the performance of
Hilbert trees with, say, the STRtree and Quadtree classes in JTS.

In the event that any of my code is useful I'll be happy to contribute it.

Michael