Hi Elliot,

Can you try two things:

1. Explicitly give the subscriptionKey

2. Run the subscriptionFilter in the findPortlet to see if it results any results.

The console uses the following code to add a subscription:
maybe that helps.

You should try inspecting your subscription using in the console..

--Kurt

Elliot Barlas wrote:
Thanks for the response Kurt.  I do have a subscription saved in the
registry. In fact the exception is only thrown when I have a subscription. When I delete the subscription, that execution path is no longer taken. Here is my code to create a subscription:

        UDDISubscriptionPortType subscription =
transport.getUDDISubscriptionService();

        GetBindingDetail getBindingDetail = new GetBindingDetail();
        getBindingDetail.getBindingKey().add(monitorBindingKey);

        SubscriptionFilter subscriptionFilter = new SubscriptionFilter();
        subscriptionFilter.setGetBindingDetail(getBindingDetail);

        Subscription sub = new Subscription();
        sub.setBindingKey(notificationBindingKey);
        sub.setNotificationInterval(new
DatatypeFactoryImpl().newDurationDayTime(interval));
        sub.setSubscriptionFilter(subscriptionFilter);

        subscription.saveSubscription(authInfo, new
Holder<List<Subscription>>(Arrays.asList(sub)));

Kurt T Stam-4 wrote:
Elliot Barlas wrote:
I am trying to get asynchronous subscription notification to work and I
am
seeing a NullPointerException in SubscriptionNotifier.  This is
preventing
the service registry from invoking my listening web service.  No
exceptions
occur in my exceedingly simple client.  Basic operations with businesses,
services, and bindings work fine.  I am running juddi tomcat package
3.0.0
and using juddi-client 3.0.0.
2009-12-03 10:01:50,989 INFO
[org.apache.juddi.subscription.SubscriptionNotifier] - We have a change
and
need to notify..
2009-12-03 10:01:50,993 ERROR
[org.apache.juddi.subscription.SubscriptionNotifier] - Could not obtain
subscriptionResult for subscriptionKey
uddi:juddi.apache.org:bd06b1a7-b551-4581-b8b3-300f82cb9119. null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.juddi.subscription.SubscriptionNotifier.notify(SubscriptionNotifier.java:218)
        at
org.apache.juddi.subscription.SubscriptionNotifier.run(SubscriptionNotifier.java:93)

Has anyone seen this before?  Thanks.
Hi Elliot,

Please log a jira for this, a NPE is never good. However, I think the issue is that you don't have a subscription saved in the registry. Did you follow the example in Chapter 9 of the userguide:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/juddi/trunk/docs/jUDDI-UserGuide.pdf

That may help get you going.

Cheers,

--Kurt