Warner Onstine wrote:

Aren't all SWT widgets native (no matter the platform)? This was my impression initially, especially in respect to why it took so long to port it to OS X.

-warner
Yes, they are. SWT consists of some standard java code and also some JNI native code. The native code is written in C and is obviously unique to each OS.

For instance, to run SWT standalone you need swt.jar and on Windows you need a .dll. On linux an .so, on Mac OS a .jnilib (whatever that is).

Due to the lack of volunteers to present for the next meeting (and some proding from Vince and Nick) I've been thinking of doing a presentation on SWT. I've recently written a fairly simple plugin to Eclipse and although I'm still learning I might be able to put together something.

Would anyone be interested?

Simon.