On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:01  AM, Tim Colson wrote:
Plus... I don't use JSP anymore, just Velocity templates + Struts.

So the view in my webapp wouldn't be this:
<%= request.getSession().getAttribute("count") %>
And (and I think I e-mailed Drew this a while back too), a seasoned Struts developer wouldn't use scriptlets anyway. I would do this:

<bean:write name="count"/>

instead.

...rather, it would be simply: $count
And the link would be: <a href="$LINK2_INCREMENT_COUNTER">
And my hyperlink would be:

Or it could be even cleaner expressed as:

Of course WebOGNL is much more like WebObjects, which I *love*! So WebOGNL has a big architectural jump on the hacked thing we call Struts (I'm allowed to say its a "hack" because I'm intimate with it, but I use it exclusively at my day job).

I'd still like to see a side-by-side comparison of WebObjects/Tapestry/WebOGNL so I could make an informed decision of why one over the other.

So, if you're going to bash Struts (and hey, thats fair game, by all means do!) at least do it using best practices Struts :)

Erik