JWhich:

	http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip105.html

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 01:07  PM, Mike Oliver wrote:

So how many of you have “borrowed” some code from a mail list or web site only to get a reference to a package you can’t find?

Or even the simplest java.* packages…”now which jar was that in…”

Is there a tool that makes this easier?  If I had a tool that scanned all the jar files in my filesystem and built an index from the manifests it finds, that would be a good start, using Lucene to index the contents of the jar files would be better.  You can’t even to go java.sun and ask, “which jar is java.security.* in?”

BTW the source of this rant/query is “which jar is java.security.* in?”

Michael Oliver
Chief Technology Officer
AppsAsPeers LLC
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747
520.574.1150 Voice
520.844.1036 Fax
520.270.8862 Cell
http://www.appsaspeers.com Home Page
[EMAIL PROTECTED] SMS
http://www.ollie.ezpeer.net Personal Home Page
http://www.ollie.im-live.com/im-live/  Instant Chat
[EMAIL PROTECTED] MSN Messenger
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo Instant Messenger
MikeOliverAZ Aol Instant Messenger